Red Sox/Dodgers HUGE trade in the works - Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schwood View Post
    I think I was most sad to see Punto included.

If the Sox are trying to rebuild and shed payroll, then so be it. It isn't like anything is going to gel all of a sudden with these guys.

I don't think Crawford was made to play in Boston.

Gonzalez is a great talent. From the sounds of it they wanted him to be a leader on the team, and that was not happening.

Beckett, I am glad he is gone. Good riddance.

I just hope management figures out what they need to do and how they need to operate. We shall see. Not like what I say is going to affect anything they do. Again, this is all just stuff I hear, except for Beckett.

Gonzo is not vocal eneough to be a leader. Crawford for sure looked lazy, at least in comparison to his Tampa years. Becket is much better in the NL than the AL. Punto is a glue player. Loved him when he was a Twin, they never should've let him go.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
      Gonzo is not vocal eneough to be a leader. Crawford for sure looked lazy, at least in comparison to his Tampa years. Becket is much better in the NL than the AL. Punto is a glue player. Loved him when he was a Twin, they never should've let him go.
      Supposedly, from what I gather, Gonzo was the big one they wanted. And the Sox wanted to dump Beckett and Crawford. And from what I heard the Dogers were looking for a cheaper utility guy, and Punto fit right in that mold.

As a Sox fan, I am interested to see what the organization does now.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
      Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
      Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
      NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
        Supposedly, from what I gather, Gonzo was the big one they wanted. And the Sox wanted to dump Beckett and Crawford. And from what I heard the Dogers were looking for a cheaper utility guy, and Punto fit right in that mold.

As a Sox fan, I am interested to see what the organization does now.
        If I were the Dodgers I would have jumped at gtting Gonzo also. Crawford should be dealt in spring training. Becket will go back to his Marlin days and be dominant.
        http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I could see the Sox forcing the Yankees hand by trying to go after Hiroki Kuroda and Nick Swisher, but the upcoming free agent class is not very strong. Josh Hamilton isn't a fit for sure.

Comment

Working...
          X