No announcement yet.

Marlins to Sign Juan Pierre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Marlins dumped the players like they always do because the owners should not be owners. They (owners) expected to make all the money back at once. A good business owner knows it is going to take time to make the money back. Ozzie should never had been the manager, it was like vinegar and water.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

The Angels dumped Erving Santana and Danny Haren, are you going to critasize them to for cutting payroll, when they are still making huge profits? Why is no one mad at them when they have almost twice the market as the Marlins do?

Just because the Dodgers, Giants, Yankees, Cubs, Redsox location brings them in the big bucks is not reason to rag on Maimi.

The Yankees made Over $200 Million in Profit and it looks like they are not increasing their payroll at all. Is anyone going to critasize them for not spending $100 million more to buy another championship?

The Minnesota Twins made over $100 milion in profit and you don't see them buying up pitching so they can make the playoffs again. Are people going to rag on them?

In Miami everyone wants to go the beaches to see all the hot young babes. They don't want to go ballgames. Good point there on the location of the New stadium, I didn't know the layout of Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by VGM View Post
        The Angels dumped Erving Santana and Danny Haren, are you going to critasize them to for cutting payroll, when they are still making huge profits? Why is no one mad at them when they have almost twice the market as the Marlins do?

Just because the Dodgers, Giants, Yankees, Cubs, Redsox location brings them in the big bucks is not reason to rag on Maimi.

The Yankees made Over $200 Million in Profit and it looks like they are not increasing their payroll at all. Is anyone going to critasize them for not spending $100 million more to buy another championship?

The Minnesota Twins made over $100 milion in profit and you don't see them buying up pitching so they can make the playoffs again. Are people going to rag on them?

In Miami everyone wants to go the beaches to see all the hot young babes. They don't want to go ballgames. Good point there on the location of the New stadium, I didn't know the layout of Miami.
        To be fair, the Angels got rid of them so they had money to add better players, the Yankees still have the highest payroll in Baseball, and the Twins actually do spend a bit of (wasted) money, considering they're a small market team.

The Marlins have done this before, and they made all of us look like fools for thinking they'd actually try to be competitive when they signed Reyes, Buehrle, and Bell.

Comment

He knows a lot about the Marlins organization but doesn't know anything about where the stadium is?

I guess only baseball fans go to the beach to see hot young babes? Those seats are full at Dolphins and Heat games.

The Angels didn't dump that much in payroll and it was to add better players, like gladdy said. The Yankees have the highest payroll in baseball, so that argument is dead in the water.
          Last edited by gladdyontherise; 11-29-2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Football is only 8 Limited home games a year. Football has fanatics who will to dish out big bucks and drive hundreds of miles to go to their limited games. Green Bay Packers are the best example of that. Basketball has only like 40 home games an entire year with Limited Seating. Baseball has 81 home games.

The New stadium worked for the Brewers their first season, then after they got good attendance went back up after a second season drop off. The Twins is heled drastically.
            Yankees (raised their ticket price). I see it didnt help the Pirates and Reds much in attendance, unless their ticket price got raised and they drew the same amount of fans.

People will never be loyal to the Marlins, Collectors don't like their cards very much either.

All bet you all the Marlins have a better record in 2013 then 2012
            Last edited by VGM; 11-30-2012, 09:07 AM.

Comment

You refer to "limited" seating like it's only a few seats available for a certain amount of time. Seating, whether it be for football, hockey, baseball or basketball is based on one thing; supply and demand. The Miami Heat average around 19,500 per home game, which is 3rd highest in the league. Only the Bulls and Trail Blazers average more. The Pistons are last. The Marlins averaged 27,400 last year in a stadium that seats 37,642. That's a lot of empty seats.

Fans come out to see a winner. Unfortunately, that can't/won't happen in Miami because ownership dumps payroll at the first signs of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
                You refer to "limited" seating like it's only a few seats available for a certain amount of time. Seating, whether it be for football, hockey, baseball or basketball is based on one thing; supply and demand. The Miami Heat average around 19,500 per home game, which is 3rd highest in the league. Only the Bulls and Trail Blazers average more. The Pistons are last. The Marlins averaged 27,400 last year in a stadium that seats 37,642. That's a lot of empty seats.

Fans come out to see a winner. Unfortunately, that can't/won't happen in Miami because ownership dumps payroll at the first signs of trouble.
                Then ask the Miami heat to play 40 extra games this year at home after the season is over against other professinal teams like the Globetrotter and Euro South American teams and expand their stadium to fit 37,642. Lets see how many more they draw then the 27,400 the Marlins did.

When the Marlins won the World Seris in 2003 their attendance only went up by5,000 a game in 2004. 16,000 to 21,000. You think winning a world champions ship would at least get you to 28,000 a game next season.

1997 they win the World Series and they lose 8,000 fans a game in 1998 they got rid of Kevin Brown cause he was going to get a huge contract after 1998.
                They got rid of al Leiter althouth he was not an ace in 1997. Alex Fernandez got injured so that wasn't the teams fault they had no pitching.

Bobby Bonilla was getting old in 1998 and over payed, so they got rid of him. That paved the way for these younger players to come in which lead them to another World Serieas in 2003. Devon White was a bust in 1997.

Gary Sheffeild under Performed in 1997.

They got Derek Lee for Kevin Brown, no Derek Lee, No 2003 World Series.

Getting Rid of Alou and Rob Nen Was foolish cause they were at a steal prices.

Miami Marlins Attendance, Stadiums, and Park Factors - Baseball-Reference.com

Comment

Working...
                X