Anyone here make custom cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here make custom cards?

I build them as a hobby along with a designer who creates the graphics. I have made cards that range from autograph cuts,patch autos, to quad autograph booklets.I will post some of my builds here soon,just wanted to know if anyone else does this and at what level? Hope to get some feedback.

-Steve

Otgoal
    Remember him from the old Topps site was a gifted grafhic artist as well bud.
    Terry
    Old Bear

Comment

Originally posted by Northernbear View Post
      Otgoal
      Remember him from the old Topps site was a gifted grafhic artist as well bud.
      Terry
      Old Bear
      Wheres he hanging out these days?
      I collect a little bit of everything. But, if I never get back to you, your probably on Ignore!!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/prosefan1/

Jim Thome Have List: http://dave44671.tripod.com/

Save the Ta-Tas

Comment

My 9 year old daughter makes custom cards with official MLB Logo Patches ::: Check out her work below...

"The McCardlane Collection"

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/roll...%20MLB%20Cards

Comment

Terry,I don't remember him from Topps but again I didn't get into these until after I left the site.

Dave,Maybe he will show up here here bud,I remember you bud,also from the Bench.

Rolx8-We have spoke before as well,I know I commented on your daughters custom cards on another site,great work.I also enjoy your McFarlane displays,very cool.

Here's some of the projects I have worked on,there's a a ton more pics in the bucket link below.I will also post up some of my themed booklets I have built along with a graphic designer I work with on the graphics.All of these are cards are built from the ground up,no decoy cards or 1990 score base in these,lol.

I actually did an entire set of 18 cut auto cards for my 1986 Mets (all in bucket).

I also made these for an athlete who wanted a game used card made from her nameplate.She would later sign the rest of the 6 letterman's and the 21 SP patch cards.

Comment

Hey GUDC....., nice to see you here....I just joined here & found out about it recently I love your work....its everything plus amazing!!! You make yours from conception to its end & I LOVE the originality!!!! .....my daughter likes to use old to modern printed cards.....For her I think she likes to just cut things up & paste it all back together with a patch piece Either way I see bright futures for the both of you a at card company!!!

[QUOTE=GUCD231;360551]Terry,I don't remember him from Topps but again I didn't get into these until after I left the site.

Dave,Maybe he will show up here here bud,I remember you bud,also from the Bench.

Rolx8-We have spoke before as well,I know I commented on your daughters custom cards on another site,great work.I also enjoy your McFarlane displays,very cool.

Here's some of the projects I have worked on,there's a a ton more pics in the bucket link below.I will also post up some of my themed booklets I have built along with a graphic designer I work with on the graphics.All of these are cards are built from the ground up,no decoy cards or 1990 score base in these,lol.

"The McCardlane Collection"

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/roll...%20MLB%20Cards

Comment

Dang, nice work everybody!!!
              I collect a little bit of everything. But, if I never get back to you, your probably on Ignore!!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/prosefan1/

Jim Thome Have List: http://dave44671.tripod.com/

Save the Ta-Tas

Comment

You guys ever make any for anyone else?

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Yes,I do make them for others when I am commissioned as well as for myself I'll post those soon.
                  Here's a booklet I just finished building for a member on another site.I just copied the entire post.

Showing off a custom made quad cut booklet this time with the 1995 WS Cleveland Indians.I was asked to create to booklet from a fellow member here on Blowout according to his specs.My graphic artist designed the booklet and I built it.Lot's of fun as always and very happy with the final product.I would like to thank Chris for letting me turn 4 great cards into something very special for him.Thanks for the looks and as always all comments and thoughts are appreciated.

-Steve

Originally posted by schwood View Post
                  You guys ever make any for anyone else?
                  Last edited by GUCD231; 09-19-2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

How much does something like that cost to make?

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

I'll shoot you a pm.

-Steve
                      How much does something like that cost to make?

Comment

Wow love those cards. Would be interested in putting something like that together but With a Music theme going on as I have several autos and Guitar picks that I have gathered over the years from different bands that would look cool in a custom card collection. Would that be possible to do?

Comment

Hey man how are you I kno we have done a few HOF gu trades in the past.Funny you mentioned that.I was actually commissioned to make 3 dual pick and autgraph booklets from a recording rep to be signed on card.
                          I am going to post a thraed here showing some more booklets and singles that were designed by my graphic guy and myself that I built.

To answer you question though yes,that could be done.If your intrested pm me and we can discuss pricing and details.

-Steve
                          Originally posted by cornwellfamily View Post
                          Wow love those cards. Would be interested in putting something like that together but With a Music theme going on as I have several autos and Guitar picks that I have gathered over the years from different bands that would look cool in a custom card collection. Would that be possible to do?

Comment

How do you adhere the autos and/or jersey pieces to the card underneath? That is the one thing I think holding me back from being able to try something on my own. If you don't mind telling that is.

Comment

Glue or what ever type of adhesive you use to bind the card stock together.

If that's the only thing holding you back i say go for it.

How do you adhere the autos and/or jersey pieces to the card underneath? That is the one thing I think holding me back from being able to try something on my own. If you don't mind telling that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X