What did he/she just say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    I'm not saying everyone is doing it though, theres your problem.

Of course theres no proof, but it is a legit concern that the Cardinals have and should have if they plan to invest 30 million into someone listed at 32 (when his contract ends, i believe he'll be 32)
    hahaha, so he shouldn't get his money even if he's been the best player in the MLB the past couple of years?
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
      hahaha, so he shouldn't get his money even if he's been the best player in the MLB the past couple of years?
      When did I say that? Of course he should and will get paid, but its a legit concern to have, thats all i'm saying

Comment

Of course I know what it is, and no i directly said 'obviously not every player does it'

However its not a stereotype when there are alot that do it, and myself nor Jeremy said everyone is doing it, but can you really blame those who have done it? living in poor areas most likely and having one chance to make a life for there families, they're just trying to help there families, but it obviously goes on
        That's exactly what a stereotype is lol

It's a stereotype when one group of people is known for something but not everyone does it.
        sigpic

Comment

When did I say that? Of course he should and will get paid, but its a legit concern to have, thats all i'm saying

You said they should be concerned about his age... He's performing perfectly at whatever age he is.

The only thing they should be concerned about is the length of the contract. The money shouldn't matter because he's performing like no other human being
          Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
          Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
          Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
          Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Bayless is just a jerk, nuff said

Pujols will get paid, nuff said

Until proven otherwise Pujols is 30, nuff said
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
              Bayless is just a jerk, nuff said

Pujols will get paid, nuff said

Until proven otherwise Pujols is 30, nuff said
              Bayless may be a jerk to you, but he's doing his job clearly, by voicing his opinion...

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
              You said they should be concerned about his age... He's performing perfectly at whatever age he is.

The only thing they should be concerned about is the length of the contract. The money shouldn't matter because he's performing like no other human being
              I'd be atleast alittle concerned, just my opinion...

I'd be shocked if they gave him anything over 5 years

Comment

Bayless may be a jerk to you, but he's doing his job clearly, by voicing his opinion...

I'd be atleast alittle concerned, just my opinion...

I'd be shocked if they gave him anything over 5 years
                He could easily play for another 5 years at this level and then another 5 more at an above average level

I bet he gets 6-8 years with the Cardinals...they want to make sure he ends his career there.
                sigpic

Comment

He could easily play for another 5 years at this level and then another 5 more at an above average level

I bet he gets 6-8 years with the Cardinals...they want to make sure he ends his career there.
                  did you just say he will play 5 above average years between the age of 37-38 to 42-43?

Comment

from 30-35 he will be at this level

from 35-40 he will be still very good, but not at the level he is right now

Yes I know his contract doesn't end till he's 32...
                    sigpic

Comment

from 30-35 he will be at this level

from 35-40 he will be still very good, but not at the level he is right now

Yes I know his contract doesn't end till he's 32...
                      But if he gets a contract from age 32 to 37, i'd doubt he gets a 5 year deal after that to go till he's 42, Baseball players just dont get contracts that long at that age, soely because all contracts for the most part are guarnteed.

Comment

if he hits 85 HR's over the next two seasons (a very real possibility) then he would probably get a 6 year deal and an option for the 7th

I'm telling you, the Cardinals want him to stick around and they don't want to go through FA with him again
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X