Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando Magic Fire Stan Van Gundy & Otis Smith

Magic fire coach Stan Van Gundy; GM also gone - Yahoo! Sports

Surprised they fired Otis Smith though. Van Gundy was guaranteed to be canned.

For months the Orlando Magic have been trudging through the aftermath of a preseason trade request by Dwight Howard that sapped the life out of the franchise as internal team issues quickly affected the product on the floor.

Now after easily one of the most tumultuous seasons in their history, they made the first in what promises to be a huge offseason shake-up

The Magic fired coach Stan Van Gundy on Monday and agreed to part ways with general manager Otis Smith, severing ties with two of the architects of one of the most successful runs in franchise history.

Smith and Van Gundy's relationship with Howard was the centerpiece of drama the team faced all season and following their second straight first-round playoff exit, CEO Alex Martins said the shift was warranted.

i think this may be good for the magic.they need a fresh start.i can see alot of roster moves coming from whoever steps in as gm

Comment

Agree that the fresh start is needed for the Magic especially since Dwight will be leaving as well. I always thought that Van Gundy was a decent coach though, there's something wrong with the world when Vinny Del Negro still has his coaching job and Van Gundy is fired.

Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50
      Click here for Bucket

Comment

Fresh start and many many moves to be done here
        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
        X