2012 NBA Draft Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiber88 View Post
    The Cavs could have done a lot better than Zeller and Waiters with their 4 picks. They should've just done the 4 and 24 for 2 to get beal. The holdup on that deal was the cavs who wanted the 31 from charlotte in such a deal. Zeller is a backup center and not as good as Varajeo. In the 2nd round the Cavs still would have been able to get Will Barton and Quincy Miller (neither of whom are D-Leaguers). Imagine Irving, Beal, Miller, Thompson, Varajeo as the starting unit with Barton as the 6th man. That is at least an 8th spot in the East for the playoffs. Now, the Cavs have Waiters (a good player, but one who needs the ball in his hands to be effective, which negates Irving's value) and Zeller (a player who shouldn't even start).
    Beal way to immature. Good size but who needs that headache to make him a man mentally. That book has been written before. Waiters will be a much better pro and is better defensively when out of that zone
    Last edited by wheeler281; 06-29-2012, 09:44 PM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

I agree that Waiters will be a good pro, he's just not a fit with the Cavs. They needed a shooter not a guy who needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Waiters' best weapon is his ability to take the ball to the hole. Irving is a playmaker himself and Beal would have been a good outside threat who could score through movement. I'm not sure where you heard Beal was immature from, but that doesn't sound like him. He played out of position (SF) at Florida so you couldn't see what he could actually do.

Comment

Because Cavs wouldn't give up 24.
        They gave up 24/33/34 for 17. You really think they wouldn't toss in 24 to move up to 2? Charlotte wanted the world for that #2 pick.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I agree that Waiters will be a good pro, he's just not a fit with the Cavs. They needed a shooter not a guy who needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Waiters' best weapon is his ability to take the ball to the hole. Irving is a playmaker himself and Beal would have been a good outside threat who could score through movement. I'm not sure where you heard Beal was immature from, but that doesn't sound like him. He played out of position (SF) at Florida so you couldn't see what he could actually do.
          Watched Dion live his whole career in the dome.I agree he is best at taking the ball to the hole. Thats what you normally see on the highlights because he is a highlight waiting to happen and thats all they show on the mothership

However his jumper is AWESOME and people never get to see much if you are not watching him on a weekly game basis He will be a fantastic 2 . I think the cavs are a perfect fit for him because he will not have to handle as much. He will be a tinier version of Dwade. Not comparing at all. However his NBA body and jumper will have no issues if he has to spot up. There were many a occasions scoop driving and kicking to Dion hitting from NBA range. His pull up is 2nd to none as well. I guarantee Waiters outside game will be equal or better then Beal. Let alone he can just flat take over on an iso. Which you need in todays game

Go Cavs
          Last edited by wheeler281; 06-30-2012, 11:21 AM. Reason: added my bandwagon lol

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Working...
          X