Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QB Mallett defends answers at combine (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
    just comparing the interviews with him and leaf. leaf was supposed to be the next elite nfl qb, much better than peyton coming out of college. he didnt interview well and his combine was farly well. mallet shows me the same things, combine was good and his interview, well, kinda like leafs.
    Same here, he comes off as arrogant and not very coachable. I also don't understand how in this day and age of speed training how a guy runs over a 5.0.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
      agreed. Maybe a step above like a Tim Couch
      Couch never had a chance, he and Carr both had their careers ruined by terrible OL's.
      sigpic

Comment

Here is a great write up that is all about what actual NFL scouts and GM's in addition to what an actual solid career NFL QB has to say about Ryan.

http://thesportsjury.com/20110310131...ts-stock-is-up
        Click the banner for my bucket !!!
        Photobucket

Comment

I think Mallet will be better than Newton for what its worth. I'm not sure if Mallet will be mentally tough though to perform well in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by dfr52 View Post
            Same here, he comes off as arrogant and not very coachable. I also don't understand how in this day and age of speed training how a guy runs over a 5.0.
            I mean really Mike Golic ran a 4.7 LOL

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by sq180 View Post
              Here is a great write up that is all about what actual NFL scouts and GM's in addition to what an actual solid career NFL QB has to say about Ryan.

http://thesportsjury.com/20110310131...ts-stock-is-up
              Hey they have great opinions. Just because you are a GM or a future player does not mean you are right. If that was the case almost every 1st rnder taken would be a can't miss. I remember a ton of GM's and former Qb's loving Leaf and Jamarcus too. We shall see. I doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                I mean really Mike Golic ran a 4.7 LOL
                , if Golic could break the 5.0 second mark in the 80's then Mallet should be there as well.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm loving it, the good news for my prediction is that Ryan loves the fact that so many people have negative opinions. It gives him an opportunity to surprise and shock the world and no one will work harder at becoming a great NFL QB than him.
                  Photobucket

Comment

^^^ That is such a cliche statement.. just sayin.. I mean where is your razorback sig. I miss it

Comment

Originally posted by sq180 View Post
                      I'm loving it, the good news for my prediction is that Ryan loves the fact that so many people have negative opinions. It gives him an opportunity to surprise and shock the world and no one will work harder at becoming a great NFL QB than him.
                      He has the talent but failing in the daft could be the best thing for him. Sometimes guys need to be humbled so they don't enter the league w/ a big head and over confident.
                      sigpic

Comment

true that David. Also another obvious reason is you get into a better situation. He goes to a team where he has to be mobile because of a bad team he will have even more trouble

Comment

wheeler - I know man, I need to fix my sig up on here, LOL. I am definitely a homer on this subject, I have never hidden that.

I wouldn't mind for him to be drafted in the bottom half of the draft so he will be able to get some bench time, ala Aaron Rodgers.
                          Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                          X