Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even More Penn State Disgrace-Horrible Horrible Rumors. FBI Involved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cornwellfamily View Post
    What I am saying is this: In my family my sons if forced into doing something so despicable would not be ashamed or afraid to tell thier parents that someone had hurt them. I speaking of my OWN family no one elses. I do not understand the situations anyone else is in just giving my opinion on MY OWN FAMILY. I am just trying to understand the whole overall picture and I can't even begin to fathom it that's all. The whole concept is so foriegn to me. Everyone approaches this in thier own way and it's just sad that there is so much evil in the world and these childrens innocence was stolen from them. I'm sorry that what I'm trying to say isn't coming out right and that you are taking offense at what I'm saying. The main thing that I can't come to grips on is how this could stay hidden for so long and that so many peoples morals were thrown to the wind to hide a Monster.

I understand 10000% that you dont mean anything offensive etc... but the sad truth is that even when you have amazing parents, amazing family, amazing friends and amazing relationships with them... the shame alone in going through what these men went through keeps them quiet...

it's NOT that they dont think they CAN tell someone... it's the shame in actually admitting to someone that it happened...

Comment

shame is the reason that's why it is important for parents to have talks with their children. Chances are they were not. I will say right after this my wife had a sit down with my 9yr old( a refresher) and no doubt she knows whats right and wrong and will not have an ounce of shame

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

I think a HUGE difference is that it is MEN....

again there is a HUGE stigma about men and sexual abuse

it's a huge reason they don't come forward more often...

Comment

Thanks for the understanding. and for me not understanding how someone so evil could be placed on this earth.

Comment

Originally posted by ac-n-mike View Post
            I think a HUGE difference is that it is MEN....

again there is a HUGE stigma about men and sexual abuse

it's a huge reason they don't come forward more often...
            Again comes back to your parents have to make sure to have that talk. My father did with us boys at an early age, Now for grown men to come forward that have a family wife etc I could see the difference

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

again.. I see what you guys are saying.. but again.. we are talking GUYS... MEN... not girls

this is still sadly a "taboo" subject and goes unreported a majority of the time... these guys coming out as victims are heroes in my mind as they give every other male that has every gone through this more courage to do the same and bring these sick predators to justice

obviously we all agree there is a special place in hell for people like Sanduksy

Comment

Working...
              X