Favorite in person signing story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitney777 View Post
    Anyone else? Trent Richardson has turned me down 3 times since draft day. My wife told me to quit stalking the Browns headquarters.
    Sounds like a real jerk to me. Probably doesn't want to be in Cleveland or expects to be compensated for every autograph he signs. He won't endear himself to the fan base acting like that. And we all know that the Dawg Pound can be a rough and rowdy bunch!

Comment

Originally posted by whitney777 View Post
      My wife told me to quit stalking the Browns headquarters.

Comment

I have two stories. When I was in the Marine Corp I had to travel a lot. I was in a mall in Atlanta and bought the book Hammerin Hank about Hank Aaron. I was sitting there reading it when a man walks up and asks me how I like the book. I looked up and it was Hank Aaron! He signed the book for me. Another great story is I used to drive through a small town in NC all the time that stated it was the home of Catfish Hunter. I started carrying his cards in my glove box. One day I stopped to get gas and asked the girl if she ever met him. She said yes. He is right there pumping gas! I walked over and asked him for his autograph and he signed all 4 of my cards for me.

Comment

My best is from last year. I went to the Home Run Derby/Workout Night for the MLB All-Star Game in Phoenix and after finishing up BP, I called out to Joey Votto to try and get an autograph. I was wearing a Reds Jersey just because I knew there were a few Reds playing in the game and thought it might help me out. Turns out it did. Votto gave me the hat he wore during BP and signed it for me. Truly classy guy and someone who loves the fans.

Comment

in 1993 while in the military in lousiana i got to meet and talk to warren spahn. was also able to get his autograph

at twinsfest in minneapolis a few years ago took my wife and daughter, we hung out with harmon killebrew and tony oliva. also my wife got kent hrbeks auto as he is her favorite player. also met mudcat grant and bob feller. that was a great day
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
            I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Very cool stories.

Comment

Working...
              X