Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topps 2005 Draft Picks prospects Tom Brady Rare 1/1 #45 card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received a reply from Topps and they verified it as being good and authentic.

Originally posted by schwood View Post
    The colors and such look a lot like this one from EBay...

2005 06 Topps Draft Picks and Prospects Tom Brady 45 | eBay

It would be kind of sad if someone mad this and tried to pass it off as a true 1/1. But, really, if they did, they did a decent job on the edges and doing that. I hope it is a true 1/1 bud. That would be a sweet card to have in a collection.
    I received an email back from Topps customer service and they verified it as authentic. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitri View Post
      I received an email back from Topps customer service and they verified it as authentic. Thanks for your help.
      Congratulations!!!! Now you can keep or sell your card. And if you wish, you may have it graded by Beckett or PSA/DNA. Good luck on your endeavors!

Toshi
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

What a cool thing to have happen!

You find an interesting card in your son's collection.

And then, after weeks of investigating, you find that it's truly an authentic/rare/superstar card.

Congratulations!
        - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

That is awesome. Kudos to Topps for helping you out as well. Very very nice. That card should be worth some nice coin. Would be cool to get it graded. That would give it documented authentication as well. Did Topps offer up any sort of documentation at all? Or are they saying the embossed 1/1 is enough?

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
          Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
          Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
          MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
          NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
          NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
          NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
          I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
            That is awesome. Kudos to Topps for helping you out as well. Very very nice. That card should be worth some nice coin. Would be cool to get it graded. That would give it documented authentication as well. Did Topps offer up any sort of documentation at all? Or are they saying the embossed 1/1 is enough?
            I have the Topps email conversations on how they were checking it out and then the one where the representative verified it. I did not think about asking for documentation but they did recommend grading the card because it was a very nice card to own.

Comment

Originally posted by hayn View Post
              To comment on Schwoods remarks on the die cut, when my daughter started in high school, I and not Mrs. Toshi purchased all the different type of tools and equipment in creating a scrapbook. Yes, I actually enjoyed taking the pictures and creating the pages. That's my artistic side speaking.

Getting to the point, I had die cuts that made perfect cuts on corners exactly like your card and I recall this actual floral design stamp. I bought the expensive stamp that also created a embossed impression. Creating a 1/1 stamp is not difficult, I probably would have added that 1/1 with a silver or gold leaf inlay.

Now, that's out of the way, I said I could do a card up as such. But if Topps verifies this as a 1/1 authentic, good for you!! My only caveat with this card is still the floral decor over the word Topps and Tom. Very sloppy job! Counterfeit or not.

I can't wait for an answer from Topps. This is actually a very exciting issue!

Toshi
              Hi Topps got back with me and verified the card as authentic. They even advised me to grade the card. So I have been recommended to send it to either Beckett or PSA/DNA. Will update when I send it next week.

Comment

Originally posted by ejiminee View Post
                What a cool thing to have happen!

You find an interesting card in your son's collection.

And then, after weeks of investigating, you find that it's truly an authentic/rare/superstar card.

Congratulations!
                Hi Topps verified and recommended me to grade. I will update when I get it graded. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitri View Post
                  Hi Topps got back with me and verified the card as authentic. They even advised me to grade the card. So I have been recommended to send it to either Beckett or PSA/DNA. Will update when I send it next week.
                  Dimitri,

I am very happy and extremely excited for you! If a lesson was learned this time; "Patience is a virtue". It really paid off for you to follow through with the information you had from CCW and Topps. I would love to see your card encased and sealed with a grade. Until then, enjoy what you and your son have now. Truly a connection and a memory of a eight year old boy with a plain card of Tom Brady, only to find a decade later that it's a rarity. You both now have something to share for the rest of your lives! This is an early Christmas if you will.

You couldn't have written a better script for this in a Hollywood blockbuster! Now if this was as such, the end of this journey would have Tom Brady in the movie! Wow!

I think I can speak for all forum members, and they will agree to this comment as well. "Thank you for having the forum members at CCW share in your moment of triumph"!

Toshi
                  Last edited by hayn; 12-13-2013, 09:16 AM.
                  I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Working...
                  X