Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow Did Not "Lead" Forida to 2 National Championships!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
    it's the middle and bottom tier teams that make a conference

Iowa and Ohio State had decent seasons...but everybody else was very mediocre
    Penn State and Wisconsin went 11-2 and 10-3. Didn't know that classified as 'mediocre'. After all, the Big Ten had four 10-win teams. The Big 12 had two.

And the bottom of the Big 12 is just as pathetic as the Big Ten. You let me know what conference in college doesn't have teams that stink.....I'll be waiting.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

1. Big 12 had more bowl teams
      2. Big 12 has 6 teams that are usually very consistent (Nebraska, OU, OSU, Texas, Texas Tech, and Missouri) Big "11" has 3 (OSU, Michigan, and Penn State)
      3. Big 12 has has 4 teams that show flashes of awesomeness (Kansas,Kansas State Texas A&M, and Baylor) Big "11" has . (Iowa, Michigan State, and Wisconsin)
      4. That leaves Iowa State and Colorado for the Big 12
      For the big "11" that leaves Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana, Northwestern, and Purdue

so your bottom feeders are better, but lets be honest, they are much more plentiful
      sigpic

Comment

None of your points are even valid.

1.) The Big Ten can only have 7 bowl appearances, and that's how many they had this year.

2.) What does an 'assumption of consistency' have to do with anything? Anyways, outside of those mentioned, Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan State are consistently top-25 teams. I'm gonna assume you don't follow Big Ten football very closely?

3.) Flashes of awesomeness? Alright.

When you bring a legitimate argument, we'll continue this discussion.

Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

so flashes of awesomeness wasn't politically correct. My bad, it's been a long day lol

all of this has been off pure memory, I haven't exactly done my research on this arguement so my points might be a little off

still the same concept though

in MOST years, Big 12 > Big 10

I promise I'll have all my facts straight next time
          Last edited by Sports Collector; 03-10-2010, 11:46 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
            in MOST years, Big 12 < Big 10
            Exactly. The Big Ten is better than the Big 12. Glad you agree with me.

Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Wait, did you say OSU is and was always better that Nebraska Spenser? Not going to comment on anything else, but really?
              I like 08 topps and get IP autographs.

Comment

I dont think i said always was...
                sigpic

Comment

Let's look at the Mich. State bowl game. Texas Tech played without their coach. Mich. State played without 14 players, they only had 2 WR with any experience and 1 of them had only caught 2 passes during the year. Tell me any other Major College team that would have suspended that many starters going into a bowl game?

Texas Tech won by 10 points. That's awesome!!

The Big 12 has 2 Divisions. They don't even come close to playing every team in the Big 12 in a given year. That can only lead to creampuff schedules.

Dan

Comment

They play every team in the confrenence accept 3.
                    sigpic

Comment

Is this really a discussion?? Because from evidence shown, that Big 12 isnt looking so tough..

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                        Hmmm...

Big 12 '09 Bowl Season: 4-4.
                        Won the Holiday Bowl, Sun Bowl, Insight Bowl, Alamo Bowl.
                        Teams beaten in those bowls: Arizona, Stanford, Minnesota, Michigan State.

Big Ten '09 Bowl Season: 4-3
                        Won the Champs Sports Bowl, Capital One Bowl, Rose Bowl, Orange Bowl.
                        Teams beaten in those bowls: Miami Fla, LSU, Oregon, Georgia Tech

So what exactly makes the Big 12 so much more amazing than the Big Ten? Because I see that the Big Ten beat better teams, and won bigger bowls.

put up the big 10s stats from last years bowl games they tore it up lol, last season OU/Texas/Texas Tech/Ok State were all in the top 10, this season at OU,Texas,Tech,Ok State,Missouri,Kansas,Nebraska were all in top 25, tell me when 8 of the Big 10 were in the top 25
                        My Site
                        http://www.freewebs.com/randallcardssite/

Comment

Originally posted by randallcards View Post
                          put up the big 10s stats from last years bowl games they tore it up lol, last season OU/Texas/Texas Tech/Ok State were all in the top 10, this season at OU,Texas,Tech,Ok State,Missouri,Kansas,Nebraska were all in top 25, tell me when 8 of the Big 10 were in the top 25
                          uhm....can you show me these 8 teams?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/..._/seasontype/3

Comment

I see three big 10 in top 10... and ummm.. lets see...well.. I think anyone can use their Big 12 education to count to 1

Comment

Originally posted by FrankMcdee View Post
                              I see three big 10 in top 10... and ummm.. lets see...well.. I think anyone can use their Big 12 education to count to 1
                              Game, set and match to Mr. Mcdee

Comment

btw I looked up Missouri record... to put them in your list of consistent.. is pretty sad... they have had 3 ten win seasons since 1950... and just so you dont think its unfair..one 9 win season...they have had more three win seasons then 9 and 10 combined.. not including 1 and 2 win seasons lol

Comment

Working...
                                X