Anderson starting against Bengals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selby56 View Post
    So if Anderson is garbage, what does that make Quinn? I'm still waiting for that amazing QB that I was promised I'd get to see, cause that guy sure as hell isn't Quinn.

And let me just ask, why do we have Robert Royal? He is terrible. Browns just need to use Steve Heiden and cut Royal.
    You have to let Quinn DEVELOP. Like I said, most good QB's sucked their first year, with the exception to maybe a couple. 5 games isn't long enough of a time to already give up on someone. We've seen DA....we know what he can offer (nothing good). We still don't know on Quinn, mainly because the play calling is COMPLETELY different than it is for DA. They set up Quinn to never let him throw the ball. Give him time before you call him a bust....hell, a bad Quinn is still better than a decent DA. Because DA is absolutely TERRIBLE.

Originally posted by selby56 View Post
    And, Browns receivers had 7 drops today. Let me guess...Andersons fault right?
    Did you watch the game?

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I agree with J and Dan

Need to let Quinn develop because he has potential (unlike Anderson)

Look at it this way, the Browns have a better record that the Titans!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
        You have to let Quinn DEVELOP. Like I said, most good QB's sucked their first year, with the exception to maybe a couple. 5 games isn't long enough of a time to already give up on someone. We've seen DA....we know what he can offer (nothing good). We still don't know on Quinn, mainly because the play calling is COMPLETELY different than it is for DA. They set up Quinn to never let him throw the ball. Give him time before you call him a bust....hell, a bad Quinn is still better than a decent DA. Because DA is absolutely TERRIBLE.

Did you watch the game?
        Quinn needs more than 5 games you say, and I agree. But, that being said, do you remember 2007? After the Oakland game, everyone was calling for the Andersons head. That was what...his 5th start wasn't it? A lot Browns fans threw Anderson under the bus after that game, because all they wanted was for their golden boy to play. Quinn has played 5 games, and I don't see very many Browns fans trashing him like they did Anderson after his 5th game. Is it because Anderson isn't the 1st rounder Ohio Native from Notre Dame? Is that why they were so hard on him after his first few games compared to Quinn? I've noticed all of these Browns fans were hard on Alex Mack too, after he had two bad snaps in his first game against the Vikings. [sarcasm]Oh wait...I forgot. We can be hard on him, he isn't from Ohio. We don't have to wait for him to develop, we can just trash him after one game.[/sarcasm] What about William Green? I remember after his second game, everyone was saying that the Browns were stupid for drafting him. All of the Quinn fans are saying "Give him more time, it is only a few games." Why don't they follow their own damn advice?

Sorry for the rant, but between the Browns doing bad and everyone acting like Brady Quinn can do no wrong, I'm getting sick of it.

And, yes I did watch the game. I can remember this much, Stuckey dropped a sure first down, Royal dropped a 40+ yarder that would have put the Browns in the red zone, MoMa had a drop that would have been a first down, Cribbs had a drop (wouldn't have been a first I don't think anyways) and Harrison had a drop that also probably wouldn't have done much. Anderson did have some bad throws, but all of these I'm referring to were right in the receivers hands, and they couldn't bring it in.
        Collecting all Cleveland teams, Ohio State Alumni, and Columbus Blue Jackets.
        My Bucket My Tradelists
        sigpic

Comment

Brady Quinn can do wrong but he hasn't had enough opprotunities to do good...

You are not giving him any time to develop...5 games are you kidding?

Quinn IS a good qb but what do you have around him? Robert Royal? Kellen Winslow Jr.?

So even if you Draft Sam Bradford, you wouldn't be doing yourself a favor
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
            Brady Quinn can do wrong but he hasn't had enough opprotunities to do good...

You are not giving him any time to develop...5 games are you kidding?

Quinn IS a good qb but what do you have around him? Robert Royal? Kellen Winslow Jr.?

So even if you Draft Sam Bradford, you wouldn't be doing yourself a favor
            Did you even read my post? I said that I didn't think 5 games was enough. What I hate is that after Andersons first 5 games, every Browns fan was trashing him, after Alex Macks first game, everyone trashed him, but all of these Quinn fans are saying that we should give Quinn time, yet they didn't give Anderson or Alex Mack time.

I don't care if someone is a Quinn fan or doesn't like Anderson, but if your one of those morons that trashed Anderson after his 5th game or trashed Mack after his first game, and your trying to sit here and tell me that 5 games isn't enough time for Quinn, then I want nothing to do with you. Not saying that Jeremy was one of those like that, but I know many Browns fans that are, and I'm embarrassed to be a part of the same fan base as them.
            My Bucket My Tradelists
            sigpic

Comment

There is a difference, Trevor.

Here's the thing....Quinn was a local boy, yes. But he was also a first round draft pick. And any first round QB draft pick is expected to potentially become the franchise QB. First round QB's will always be given more time to develop than a 6th round QB. Is that fair, no, but that's how it goes.

People were bashing DA after the 2006 season because he played absolutely terrible. But you could only take so much Charlie Frye. At that point, we knew what he had with Frye--he hadn't done anything in well over a year and a half. Also at that point, even though DA looked terrible in limited 2006 games (aside from the Chiefs game, but it was still the Chiefs), there was the feeling that he can't be much worse than Frye, and that's why DA was given the chance in 2007. Did he have a good season? Absolutely. Did he make a decent amount of terrible, boneheaded plays? Absolutely. If he doesn't implode against the Bengals at the end of the season, the Browns make the Playoffs.

The fact of the matter is, DA looked terrible the last four games of 2007. I was at the home finale against the Niners--and when Quinn came in, the entire place was electric. He played decent--better than DA. The only other look at DA us Browns fans got in 2007 was his abysmal performance in the Pro Bowl--the Pro Bowl! He couldn't complete passes behind an all-star line to superstar wideouts. So of course Browns fans aren't gonna be happy with frequent mistakes, and not making the playoffs when you have a 1st round QB holding the clipboard. 2008 started, and DA was terrible. He had that fluke game against the Giants (which I still, for the life of me, can't figure out how we played so good). If the Browns played like that every game, they would have won the Super Bowl...but with DA, they didn't.

At that point, you know what you have with DA--still playing him over Quinn who's gotten 5 career NFL starts doesn't make sense. And DA has far more bad games then he does good games. Even in 2007 he still had 20 INT's....people forget about that.

I just don't see the point in continuing to play DA--we've seen DA for almost three years now--and his career record is below .500. That's why fans are sick of seeing him...there's nothing DA can do that he hasn't already shown us. We still have no clue what Quinn can do--and unless Quinn gets the chance the rest of the season, we'll go into next season with these same two QB's, going through this same garbage all over again.

We NEED to see what Quinn has. If he doesn't show anything for the rest of the season, then we need to move forward and go after Bradford or McCoy. Will they be better? Who knows....but DA has proven he isn't a franchise QB...and Quinn could very well prove the same thing by the end of the year. This season is over anyways, we might as well find out.

And on Alex Mack....it's tough to not trash him when you hear EVERY DAY in traning camp that he's getting dominated every down. It's also hard to hear the name Alex Mack without thinking of who we COULD have drafted with the 5th overall pick....he hasn't played great, and that's why people are quick to jump on him. We wanted this guy more than we wanted any of the guys we could have taken at #5 in the draft. And when you pass on a guy like Crabtree, Sanchez, Orakpo, etc. for a center who hasn't shown much, you're bound to find people complaining about it.

Sorry for the long post....I tend to ramble when it comes to the Browns.

Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Another AMAZING outing by Derek Anderson.

Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Seriously how does he still start, 6/17 2 INTs, 76 yards, REALLY

Comment

Don't forget about that fumble lost as well.

I've never seen a QB continue to play so ridiculously bad, and continue to start.

Johnson/Mears/
                    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

You have easily the worst coach EVER, what a bum

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                        Like Eric Wedge and Mike Brown

Good thing Wedge is gone
                        Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                        Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                        Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                        Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                          lol wasn't his nickname at one time Mangenious?

I agree though it's a shame they are ruining Quinn's career...
                          sigpic

Comment

This stretch has got to be amongst the worst in the HISTORY of the NFL...

11/19, 92 yards, 3 INT
                            26/48, 269 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
                            2/17, 23 yards, 1 INT
                            9/24, 122 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
                            12/29, 99 yards, 1 INT
                            6/17, 76 yards, 2 INT

66/154 (42.8% completion percentage), 681 yards (113.5 yards per game), 2 TD's, 9 INT's.

I can't imagine there's been a six game stretch in the NFL where a QB was that bad. EVER.

Johnson/Mears/
                            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
                              lol wasn't his nickname at one time Mangenious?

I agree though it's a shame they are ruining Quinn's career...
                              How is he ruining Quinns career? If anything, he is helping his cause. Quinn would not be making that much of a difference if he were out there, this team is flat out terrible. There is no offensive line, there is no running game, there are no good receivers, there is nothing.

If I were Quinn, I'd be thanking Mangini for not playing me. He wouldn't be able to win with these clowns, and he would be labeled as a bust because of it.
                              My Bucket My Tradelists
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X