Anyone Going Shopping On Black Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Going Shopping On Black Friday

Black Friday is in 2 weeks. Is anyone going to line up early in the morning to pick up any good deals. The past six years I have gone to Circuit City, Best Buy, Target, and Gamestop in the morning since they are close to my place.

No, I try to avoid the crowds.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

Hey Kerwin,
      you won't have to go here anymore "Circuit City" they closed,lol

Circuit City is online,I think Tiger Direct and Comp USA and Circuit City are now owned by the same company.
      Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Yeah the last two years have just been Target and Gamestop for me since Circuit City closed. I get a lot of good deals going in the morning. Most are for DVD box sets that I get for $10-13 each that I give to friends/coworkers for Xmas.

Comment

I don't need something bad enough to stake out a store and run around like a crazy person, thats just me though

Comment

If I can find Californication seasons real cheap, I'll probably go out and pick them up. Otherwise, nothing else I'd go out for.

Either way, I'm up until 4-5AM every night anyways, so it's not like the times would effect me, lol

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
            Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Only on blowout!

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
              but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

i usually go to get a few things, but i only get there a half hour or so before they open...you don't get the great deal, limited quantity stuff, but you can still sometimes get what you want
                Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Comment

Well I was up at 4 AM this morning at Target. Then I went to Gamestop. I got everything on my list and basically my Xmas shopping is over. I was back home in bed by 5:15, so it was successful for me. But now I am in the middle of an 8 hour work shift and Im half asleep. LOL!

Comment

and what did we learn Kerwin?

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
                    but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

Saw on todays news a local Target, people charged the doors and the trampeling began, reason #1 why i wont go out on Black Friday

Comment

That you can make it through a 8 hour work shift at a bank on Black Friday with no sleep the night before? LOL!

Comment

wow...i did a 3am run to Toys R' US, Target at 4, Walmart at 5, didn't really need anything that would have run out, but I always like going...my 8 yr old wanted to come with this year, so we just stayed in the car until the doors opened...she had fun being up that early and we ended our morning with breakfast at McDonalds and then back home before her younger brother and sister woke up.
                          Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Comment

Wife and I waited until 5 pm to go looking for new cell phones. She picked up a LG Ally (so she can check emails and go online) and I went with the Verizon Salute (yeah, one of those phones I call a "hello/goodbye" phone, nothing fancy, no online feature...just a phone!).

The good news....spent $150.00 for both and we are getting rebates for both...plus another $50.00 for signing up....and since her sister suggested we check out the phones, her sister gets $50.00 for us purchasing the phones!
                            Randy
                            United States Air Force, Retired
                            ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
                            balance of life, an individual diagnosed
                            with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

We stayed out of the flow until time for dinner, then we went to get something to eat. No major flow of people at that time in Nags Head. In fact by 8 PM a lot of stores were already closed. We avoided the rush - amen.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                              Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                              Orioles Autos I need
                              Baseball HOFers GU I need
                              Orioles GU I need
                              Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                              However other offers will be considered

Comment

Working...
                              X