Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol where do I begin ..Yeah scherzer has just been solid in his career homerville. Phil Coke really,,, Really??? I will compare Coke to Colon and Coke is way younger lol. Both are scrubs but you have your glasses on again. I have never said anything about Garcia or Jeter.

Don't cloud the debate with oddball comments.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
      Are you really gonna tell me in 2011 Bartolo Colon is as good as Phil Coke?
      SCRUBVILLE for both

Comment

Niether will be in the rotation after the break

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
          SCRUBVILLE for both
          Niether will be in the rotation after the break
          Bet you, you are wrong..Phil Coke could end up being as awful as can be..ERA of 5, and he'd still be in the rotation after the break. Unless Tigers want to go with 5 right handed pitchers which Leyland has said he doesn't want to happen.

So thats by default..

By the way, love the avatar

Comment

[QUOTE=gladdyontherise;171612]Scherzer is a great #2..He got hit with reality last year, got shelled 3 times in a row last year, sent down to Toledo, came up and finished the season with 23 starts and an ERA of under 2.50..thats not a small sample size either, he did work against great teams and mediocre teams..he didnt do well in his first start this season (being he played in the little league ballpark), but his last 3 starts has given up 1 run, 2 runs and 2 runs..thats always giving your team a chance to win...

1st round pick in 2006, has a great fastball, great changeup, and is young and only getting better, he is a great #2..why dont you be objective for once? All you do is say the Tigers are trash and dont show any facts when you say it about the players, you just say "oh he's decent at best" or "that guy sucks"

i have to agree about "mad max", the d-backs were stupid to trade him. if they were giving him away i wish my Twinkies would have snagged himup.
            http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I could agree with that if they do decide to keep him in the rotation.

Comment

lol where do I begin ..Yeah scherzer has just been solid in his career homerville. Phil Coke really,,, Really??? I will compare Coke to Colon and Coke is way younger lol. Both are scrubs but you have your glasses on again. I have never said anything about Garcia or Jeter.

Don't cloud the debate with oddball comments.

First its decent at best now solid..whats next?

2 runs in 13 2/3rds innings as a starter, yes I know one of the starts was against Oakland, but even you and your dislike for him cannot deny thats good thus far?

You made Bartolo Colon seem way better than he was, so my comments on Garica/Jeter were to sound foolish on purpose..

Can't wait till the May series, i'll be in the 13th row on May 3rd, in my Avila batting practice jersey (unless Verlander starts, then i'd have my #35 home jersey on

Comment

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
                  i have to agree about "mad max", the d-backs were stupid to trade him. if they were giving him away i wish my Twinkies would have snagged himup.
                  I think he has an extremely bright future, good fastball and a buckling changeup..Has pretty good command as well for the most part..

Getting Schlereth with Scherzer just made the deal even better in my eyes.

Comment

I could agree with that if they do decide to keep him in the rotation.
                    If he was THAT bad in the rotation, you can always move him back into the bullpen where he was solid as well..Tigers got a young kid in AA Erie right now Casey Crosby. Left handed I believe, has had injury troubles though..If he stays healthy and is as good as once thought he'd eventually make the rotation..

I don't think Coke is a real long term solution, he is 32 I think afterall, but lets just say he had an ERA of 3.50-4.10 for your #4/#5 starter, thats fine.

I'll say this, i'm a realist, i'm 100% aware he's not gonna be a guy who has an ERA of under 3 as a starter (atleast I dont think so)

Comment

I think he has an extremely bright future, good fastball and a buckling changeup..Has pretty good command as well for the most part..

Getting Schlereth with Scherzer just made the deal even better in my eyes.

he does he just needs to keep his temper under control. gets mad at himself why to easy then tries to throw the ball past everyone.

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

my intentions were at no point made to make Bartolo look better but to slow you down about Coke. I have no expectation of him at all. He is to fill in til Hughes gets back or to grab an arm at the break

Comment

The good thing is for him(Bartolo rolo) he only has to get to the 6th max and even the 5th. Just fill in like a long reliever to get to the pen

Comment

my intentions were at no point made to make Bartolo look better but to slow you down about Coke. I have no expectation of him at all. He is to fill in til Hughes gets back or to grab an arm at the break
                            they r going to get a arm at the deadline.

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

he does he just needs to keep his temper under control. gets mad at himself why to easy then tries to throw the ball past everyone.
                              Verlander does it as well, and Porcello does the same thing everytime Peralta misses a ball that he should easily get..

they r going to get a arm at the deadline.
                              I'm sure they'll get someone, but I don't think a ton of guys will be on the market that are worth getting.

Comment

Verlander does it as well, and Porcello does the same thing everytime Peralta misses a ball that he should easily get..

I'm sure they'll get someone, but I don't think a ton of guys will be on the market that are worth getting.

i can just c them somehow getting king felix though

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
                                X