No announcement yet.

Pay-Pal is a Joke!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't call it a scam....I can't imagine hosting eBay.com would be cheap, especially with all the bandwidth they'd need.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I just don't think they should charge people twice on ebay items...the other day, I sold my Adrian Peterson lot for like $85 I think

I only got like $75 out of it...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
        I wouldn't call it a scam....I can't imagine hosting eBay.com would be cheap, especially with all the bandwidth they'd need.

trust me e-bay aint hurting for $$
        My Site
        http://www.freewebs.com/randallcardssite/

Comment

Originally posted by randallcards View Post
          trust me e-bay aint hurting for $$
          I'm not saying they are.....but I guarantee you they pay a TON every month to keep that site running.

Hell, if I was running eBay, I would've done the same thing....if you can get double fees, and know that everyone will still use it, why not? It's a smart business move.

Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

That's why I've never had Paypal and I never will. I pay cash for anything I buy on Ebay. All you have to do is ask the seller if he will take cash.

Dan

Comment

With what they charge for auction cost, they are not hurting.

Comment

I'm not saying they are.....but I guarantee you they pay a TON every month to keep that site running.

Hell, if I was running eBay, I would've done the same thing....if you can get double fees, and know that everyone will still use it, why not? It's a smart business move.
                It may be a smart buisness move, but I wouldn't feel right doing it
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
                  It may be a smart buisness move, but I wouldn't feel right doing it
                  Your bank account would....

Besides, eBay paid PayPal a boatload to buy them out completely....and secondly, how many people weren't using PP on eBay? Like 10-15%?

They were already getting double fees from the other 80-90% of people who used PayPal already. They knew it wouldn't kill their business enough to just make sure everyone used it.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but it's simple to see why they did it.

Johnson/Mears/
                  Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I know I wasn't, and several other members weren't...I'm sure it was A LOT more than 15%...

Not only do I disagree with it, but it's unethical...That Peterson lot that I sold was probably going to be the last thing on there that I sold BEFORE I knew about this...now it's almost certain.

btw, I never got a notice that they were doing this to me, so maybe I've had an account longer than 6 months?

I'm a little over 11 months away from when I first started doing fanmail(which is what ultimatley got me into sports cards) but I'm not sure when I got a paypal...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
                      I know I wasn't, and several other members weren't...I'm sure it was A LOT more than 15%...

Not only do I disagree with it, but it's unethical...That Peterson lot that I sold was probably going to be the last thing on there that I sold BEFORE I knew about this...now it's almost certain.

btw, I never got a notice that they were doing this to me, so maybe I've had an account longer than 6 months?

I'm a little over 11 months away from when I first started doing fanmail(which is what ultimatley got me into sports cards) but I'm not sure when I got a paypal...

i know alot of sellers who didnt use pay-pal they either dont sell anymore or had to sign up how is that right?
                      My Site

Comment

Unethical? Not at all. It's a practical business move that any business would make.

They take, what, $6 for every $100? C'mon. That's less than most states charge for sales tax, and I don't see people barking up a tree about sales tax on expensive items they buy.

It's no different.

Johnson/Mears/
                        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

We are just going to agree to disagree...
                          sigpic

Comment

I guess....but do you complain when you go to Wal-Mart and pay sales tax? It's no different....all I'm saying.

Johnson/Mears/
                            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Unethical? Not at all. It's a practical business move that any business would make.

They take, what, $6 for every $100? C'mon. That's less than most states charge for sales tax, and I don't see people barking up a tree about sales tax on expensive items they buy.

It's no different.

u must be getting a better deal then me they take $9 somthing on every $100 i sell
                              My Site

Comment

Yea, with smaller stuff, you're probably right. But if you sell something for $100, eBay/PayPal combined will take $6.30....it's 3% for each, plus the $.30 minimum.

Johnson/Mears/
                                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
                                X