Just Completed Favorite Childhood Cartoon Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Completed Favorite Childhood Cartoon Collection

Warner Brothers finally released the second volume of Silverhawks a few weeks ago and I got my DVD copy in the mail today. Most people probably dont remember Silverhawks, it was the show right after Thundercats. This show came out in 1986 when I was 3 years old. They released volume one 3 years ago. I now have completed all my favorite childhood cartoon collection. I have every episode/DVD of Tranformers, Ninja Turtles, Thundercats, and Silverhawks - my four favorite cartoons growing up in the 1980s. I know call me a big nerd. LOL!

I'm guessing this came before my time, though I do remember TMNT. I grew up with whatever was on Cartoon Network, especially anime. Gundam Wing (and all other Gundam), Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, and Outlaw Star were my definite big ones.
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

I vaguely remember this cartoon... but I was definitely too caught up in Transformers, G.I. Joe, and Robotech. Speaking of nerdy... I was in middle school when I was watching these cartoons... at least you were only three. LOL.
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

I agree with you sanjosefuji - I'm reading these thinking of watching them when I was in middle school. I was so nerdy, I didn't even watch all the real "guy" cartoons. I watched a bunch of the smurfs and Alvin and the Chipmunks every Saturday morning!
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I'd be a big fat liar, if I said I didn't watch the Smurfs... and what kid growing up in the 80's didn't love Alvin, Simon, and Theodore?

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
          I agree with you sanjosefuji - I'm reading these thinking of watching them when I was in middle school. I was so nerdy, I didn't even watch all the real "guy" cartoons. I watched a bunch of the smurfs and Alvin and the Chipmunks every Saturday morning!
          Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

I used to watch Alvin & The Chipmunks too when I was in elementary school. Probably the best year was in 1992, that was when Batman The Animated Series, X-Men, & Spiderman cartoons were coming out.

Comment

I was 14 at the time and never watched it. Glad you got it

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Working...
              X