My new shipping method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new shipping method

As some of you are aware, USPS has lost my Albert Pujols 1/1 Printing Plate, and I'm very upset over it!

Therefore, I've decided to take these actions:

1) I've decided all future cards will be shipped via carrier pigeon. Originally I thought of bringing back the Pony Express, but quite frankly, horses terrify me.
    I was probably the only kid that Mr. Ed made cry.

2) I've asked the Reverend Jesse Jackson to negotiate with the USPS for the release of my Pujols printing plate. Dennis Rodman might be the hip choice but he's just too freaky and scares me a little bit.

So, if you see a pigeon circling your mailbox or Mr. Jackson stepping down off a plane with a weary look on his face, it's all because of me!

I take it that Al Sharpton is busy?? lol
    Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

All Sharpton is the poor mans advocate. Mr. Jackson reps us uppity up types. Rodman takes the freaks.

Comment

My house is going to be covered in pigeon crap, lol.
        My Bucket: http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/us...ghost/library/

I collect: TRAE ARBET, Austin Meadows, Gregory Polanco

Comment

Originally posted by revghost View Post
          My house is going to be covered in pigeon crap, lol.
          Lol Don't go outside looking up with your mouth gaped open! Then again, the Pony Express would have presented the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
            Lol Don't go outside looking up with your mouth gaped open! Then again, the Pony Express would have presented the same problem.

With the Pony Express you would only step in it and you could just wipe it off but pigeons are more dangerous
            Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Dennis Rodman is busy watching the Harlem Globetrotters in nice and sunny North Korea with the Big Kim Chee!
              I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Originally posted by hayn View Post
                Dennis Rodman is busy watching the Harlem Globetrotters in nice and sunny North Korea with the Big Kim Chee!
                They're BFF's!

Comment

I can't believe USPS lost your printing plate! Did you have tracking and insurance on the card? I'm just asking these questions so I know what to do in future big ticket trades. The plate must have been a very high priced item!
                  I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

They're BFF's!

Well, as the old saying goes; "With friends like that, who needs enemies"! LOL!

Comment

I can't believe USPS lost your printing plate! Did you have tracking and insurance on the card? I'm just asking these questions so I know what to do in future big ticket trades. The plate must have been a very high priced item!
                      I didn't have insurance. I was protected thru ebay. Yup had tracking, that's how I know it's lost. It departed a sorting facility 30 miles from my house 8 days ago and never arrived at my local PO for an arrival scan. Being a 1/1 it was invaluable and irreplaceable.

Comment

Sorry to hear about it getting lost. Even though with tracking, and delivered, doesn't mean you'll get anything. I sent a trader, Alexis Larios of Tucson, AZ. money for a "lot" it was delivered 6/14, and since then NOTHING has been received and he/she hasn't been heard from (an out & out THIEF) Note - he/she, to my knowledge, isn't a member here (thank God). Again, sorry to hear about this.

Have a good day.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
                        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
                        Orioles Autos I need
                        Baseball HOFers GU I need
                        Orioles GU I need
                        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
                        However other offers will be considered

Comment

I didn't have insurance. I was protected thru ebay. Yup had tracking, that's how I know it's lost. It departed a sorting facility 30 miles from my house 8 days ago and never arrived at my local PO for an arrival scan. Being a 1/1 it was invaluable and irreplaceable.

Just hearing about this ordeal, it makes my stomach turn! Yes, I now realize 1/1's are actually priceless. I'm sorry about your loss. Well, I guess the only thing to do is pick your self up, put this behind you and move forward.

Not that I am accusing anyone, I wonder if someone in USPS swipped your card and knows what to look for as far as package sorting facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
                            Sorry to hear about it getting lost. Even though with tracking, and delivered, doesn't mean you'll get anything. I sent a trader, Alexis Larios of Tucson, AZ. money for a "lot" it was delivered 6/14, and since then NOTHING has been received and he/she hasn't been heard from (an out & out THIEF) Note - he/she, to my knowledge, isn't a member here (thank God). Again, sorry to hear about this.

Have a good day.
                            Thanks Rodney! Lots of scammers out there.

Comment

Just hearing about this ordeal, it makes my stomach turn! Yes, I now realize 1/1's are actually priceless. I'm sorry about your loss. Well, I guess the only thing to do is pick your self up, put this behind you and move forward.

Not that I am accusing anyone, I wonder if someone in USPS swipped your card and knows what to look for as far as package sorting facilities.
                              Oh, I'm positive that someone at the sort facility stole it. I'm sure it's not a secret that our hobby uses those #000 mailers and if it's marked fragile, makes it an even bigger target. Being a printing plate, it may have even set off an alarm on their metal detector, opened for inspection and stolen.

There are also ways for the seller to invalidate that postage where the package is returned to him. He could have paid and printed the postage then canceled it to get a refund. Would explain why his post office never gave it an Origination scan and why my sorting facility sent it back and no updates afterwards.

My thought is that the seller didnt set a reserve for it, then it only sold for $31, which may have been far less than what he was anticipating, but was obligated to sell it for that price, so he made sure that it came back to him. When I disputed it, he posted a screenshot of tracking showing it in Little Rock, I replied that it was forever lost, and he issued a refund in minutes. That may have been because he didn't want negative feedback but I think he would have to figure that he was going to get that anyways when he had guaranteed that I would receive it by the 2nd of August and didn't.

Maybe it will show up one day but I doubt it.

It's hard to let it go and move on when your goal is to own EVERY Pujols card ever made, and knowing that that may not be possible if this card was lost or destroyed.

If it was stolen, and the thief is reading this; I dare you to try to sell it online!

Comment

Working...
                              X