2011 Changes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Changes....

Points system is 1-point differentials. A win gets 3 extra points, leading a lap is 1 extra point, and leading the most laps is 1 extra point.

Top-10 get into the Chase based off of points, the final two get in based off of wins as long as they're in the top-20 in points.

Chase is reset at 2000 points, with a 3 point bonus for each win. The drivers in 11th and 12th can't advance their starting points position any higher than that off of wins--(ex. If Newman gets in at 11th because he has 2 wins, he starts with 2000 points instead of 2006).

Also, Qualifying order is now set on practice speeds. (Slowest goes first, fastest goes out last) Should qualifying be rained out, the race lineup will be set on practice speeds. Should both practice/qualifying be rained out, then it goes back to the old system of lining them up by Owner's Points.

My thoughts.....it doesn't reward winning any more than the old system did. All it does is make a bad points day hurt less in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by jsab4807; 01-26-2011, 09:32 PM.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Really disappointed that this information has not been posted yet on speed.com or NASCAR.com.

I knew this information was going to be released at 7 pm tonight. You would think the web sites would be up-to-date also!
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

So basically.....France said he was gonna put a bigger emphasis on winning, but he doesn't change anything. The only extra incentive for winning is for guys outside of the top-10 in points to make the Chase if they can win a race or two.

In essence..........the new rules change virtually nothing.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
      X