This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    I like Coke, I just don't see the logic in having him prepare to be the 5th starter in spring, then "get him some work" in a tie game on opening day, it would've been more benifical to get Schlereth that type of oppurtunity, since he'll be in these situations all year long.

If Leyland wanted to give Coke some work, have him come in in a game thats not that close, or something.

We did $20, and 161 games to win 90, not sure why the Tigers should be in panic mode? At the end of the day its a road game against the Yankees, its not like it was at Kansas City..
    So can we up it

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Look at this

from 2006

Jeremy Bonderman went 14-8 with a 4.08 ERA and pitched 214 innings, he never had a better year in his career than in 2006.

Brandon Inge hit 27 HRs and drove in over 80 runs, his breakout season with power, nobody saw it coming.

Wil Ledezma pitched 60 innings and had an ERA of 3.58, never has had close to as solid as a year as he did in 2006.

Mike Maroth went 9-5 with an ERA of alittle over 4..He was money before he got injured, was big for the team in the begining of the year.

Craig Monroe, hit 28 HRs and drove in over 90 runs! Was argueably the MVP of the team in 06, was so clutch in the season, career season for him easily.

Nate Robertson went 13-13 and had an ERA of 3.84, easily his career season, he got hurt by not getting great run support, which is why he lost 13.

Kenny Rogers went 17-8 with an ERA of 3.84, he started the allstar game that season..while he wasnt terrible throughout his career, it was certianly a suprise to all as to how good he was.

Marcus Thames had 26 HRs and 60 RBIs, breakout season for him easily, had not done much in his career before 2006.

Jaime Walker had 47 innings pitched with an ERA of 2.81, his career year, and was essential to the bullpen

Joel Zumaya pitched 83.1 innings and had an ERA of 1.94 in his rookie season, best year of his career as he hasnt stayed healthy for a season since 2006.

---
      Just look at this, sure Leyland helped, but a group of guys put career years up which nobody saw coming. Then throw in Ordonez/Pudge in the middle of the lineup, Verlander had a great rookie season. It was lightning in a bottle, I compare it almost to the 2008 Rays.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Support View Post
        lol thats like Moosehead saying the other night Shaka Smart isn't that good of a coach and he was carried to the final four by someone elses players.
        I never said the players carried the manager to the world series, Leyland wasnt important in 06, but you make it seem like he is the reason and only reason they made it to the world series, 2006 was a freakish year, look at all the career years by the players i listed..it was lightning in a bottle..however i'm not gonna reward Leyland in 2011 for what he did in 2006, because its clear, he doesnt deserve to be rewarded for the past thus far.

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
        So can we up it
        lol

Comment

And your telling me that any manager could have won with those group of guys?

Comment

Not EVERY manager, but alot of them could in my opinion..Leyland isn't the reason all those players performed well, but he gave them a chance, sure. Its like the 2008 Rays, they had a group of guys that had career years, its just one of those things that happened

But now 5 years later we have Leyland trying to recreate magic by having lovefests over guys like Don Kelly.

Comment

It was his FIRST season with the TIGERS.

I think he was a huge reason why they made Playoffs.

Besides, who could like this guy?

Comment

I think he was important in 06, but not as important as you think, which is fine. I just dont want to reward him any longer for what he did in 2006. This team also got better because Mike Ilitch finally decided to put money into the Tigers and not just the Red Wings...I just want them to win, thats all I want..I can't afford any of 2nd halfs anymore, last year was hard enough and 2009 was crushing.

Comment

I see what you did there

Comment

2 minutes!!

I got 1 person, and he didnt even know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                      Look at this

from 2006

Jeremy Bonderman went 14-8 with a 4.08 ERA and pitched 214 innings, he never had a better year in his career than in 2006.

Brandon Inge hit 27 HRs and drove in over 80 runs, his breakout season with power, nobody saw it coming.

Wil Ledezma pitched 60 innings and had an ERA of 3.58, never has had close to as solid as a year as he did in 2006.

Mike Maroth went 9-5 with an ERA of alittle over 4..He was money before he got injured, was big for the team in the begining of the year.

Craig Monroe, hit 28 HRs and drove in over 90 runs! Was argueably the MVP of the team in 06, was so clutch in the season, career season for him easily.

Nate Robertson went 13-13 and had an ERA of 3.84, easily his career season, he got hurt by not getting great run support, which is why he lost 13.

Kenny Rogers went 17-8 with an ERA of 3.84, he started the allstar game that season..while he wasnt terrible throughout his career, it was certianly a suprise to all as to how good he was.

Marcus Thames had 26 HRs and 60 RBIs, breakout season for him easily, had not done much in his career before 2006.

Jaime Walker had 47 innings pitched with an ERA of 2.81, his career year, and was essential to the bullpen

Joel Zumaya pitched 83.1 innings and had an ERA of 1.94 in his rookie season, best year of his career as he hasnt stayed healthy for a season since 2006.

---
                      Just look at this, sure Leyland helped, but a group of guys put career years up which nobody saw coming. Then throw in Ordonez/Pudge in the middle of the lineup, Verlander had a great rookie season. It was lightning in a bottle, I compare it almost to the 2008 Rays.
                      And yet...Tigs still lost

Sorry, just a bitter Cardinals fan...
                      sigpic

Comment

Hard to win when your pitchers have 6 errors in a series, lol

Comment

I was going crazy so I made a Fantasy Baseball team on Yahoo really quick. I didn't have one yet.

I got.

Troy Tulu
                          Josh Hamilton
                          Andre Either
                          Jose Reyes
                          Rickie Weeks
                          Absolutely no pitching... I don't know who they expect me to consider to be my ace.

Im making another team. lol

Comment

Wow, I just joined a league and I get to pick my live draft time. I picked today at 4, and I have a live draft today at 4.

Easy. Yahoo gets a 1 up in my books.

Comment

Where is everyone

Pretty sick today. Just up moving around...

very sad no Yankees today. Watching the Phillies losing makes my day though. That offense stinks

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X