gladdyontherise 2009-10 Bowling season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gladdyontherise 2009-10 Bowling season Thread

Today started my last season for high school bowling and will use this thread to post results after every meet...

Today we faced Clarenceville, they were ok, we ended up losing the meet though, as for my individual games, i won my first match 239-193 but lost the second game 178-171

Next meet is on Sunday

I am 1-1

171? C'mon Dan.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Lanes really dried up quick, i was pretty disapointed myself...

Comment

Pssh...so obviously the 239 was a fluke
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
          Pssh...so obviously the 239 was a fluke
          Not at all, when you hit the pocket 10 of 11 times, its no fluke

Comment

I really wish I knew what that meant but I'm not a big bowling guy lol
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
              I really wish I knew what that meant but I'm not a big bowling guy lol
              It means when you throw the ball and it hits well, watch this clip...

start the video at 2:03

basically i did that 10 of 11 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f3v-CtlfTI

Comment

Off topic, but this one guy in my bowling league on Monday threw an 840 series, and had the first 18, left a solid 10 on ball 19 (it was dead nuts), then had 8 more in a row....it was ridiculous.

Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

What a beast
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                    Off topic, but this one guy in my bowling league on Monday threw an 840 series, and had the first 18, left a solid 10 on ball 19 (it was dead nuts), then had 8 more in a row....it was ridiculous.
                    840 is defintly something to be VERY proud of, oh so close to the perfect 900 series, i'd have to imagine there was a 300 game in one of his 3 games?

My first game today, first 5 in a row, then a flush strike where the messenger goes right pass the 7 pin but doesnt knock it over, then strike in the 7th, left a 10 pin in the 8th, struck the 9th, another 9 spare in the 10th and a strike to cap it off, could've been a 279 game easily...

Comment

Yea....like I said, he had the first 18, and if it wasn't for that solid 10 pin in the 7th frame of the 2nd game, he would have had back to back 300's. It was the sickest thing I've ever seen. We were bowling right next to them, and I was more interested in his games then my own team's, lol.

Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                        Yea....like I said, he had the first 18, and if it wasn't for that solid 10 pin in the 7th frame of the 2nd game, he would have had back to back 300's. It was the sickest thing I've ever seen. We were bowling right next to them, and I was more interested in his games then my own team's, lol.
                        Thats pretty much how it goes, people who are into bowling can appriciate someone as good as the guy on your league and is fun to watch someone like that...

Should also add a big meet next Thursday against are rivals Walled Lake Central (i go to Northern)

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                          Thats pretty much how it goes, people who are into bowling can appriciate someone as good as the guy on your league and is fun to watch someone like that...

Should also add a big meet next Thursday against are rivals Walled Lake Central (i go to Northern)
                          nice, hope you win dan.
                          Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
                          sigpic

Comment

I got my average up to 230 now in my Wednesday night league. Had my best set of the year last night (787) Felt like I threw it better then when I had my 846 highest ever

Comment

Meet #2 done, i did really poor today though, but did win both matches...

First game, a victory 213-164, i did well, had 3 opens though so it could've been a much stronger game...

Second game was peer awful, 4 splits in the game, so yea...149-144 victory..

The Northville team wasnt very good, at all, our team won 29-1!

Next meet is Friday against Western

I am now 3-1, team is 1-1

Comment

Working...
                              X