No announcement yet.

Pay-Pal is a Joke!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, but they don't charge me sales tax twice...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
      No, but they don't charge me sales tax twice...
      Your missing the point....

It's 3% on eBay and 3% on PayPal....so combined, it's still less than the sales tax your paying at a store (unless you live in Delaware/NH, but that's irrelevant b/c of their state taxes).

They're letting you use eBay/PayPal for free, but making you pay for the typical sales tax price (6%)....I don't know how that makes them bad people/make it a scam.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

And FYI, in most cases, you are paying twice for sales tax....your paying for the standard sales tax, and then your paying for the local sales tax.

Hell, in California your actually paying like 7 different ways for their 8.25% sales tax, or whatever it is nowadays.

Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

It's almost illegal. When they come out and say that you have to use paypal, then they are forcing you to use their service with no other option. Right now however, you can ask the seller to accept a different form of payment. I have had sellers tell me that Ebay put a strike on their account for accepting cash or money order. That's illegel.

You say 6%, don't forget listing fees, reserve fees and starting price fees. It all adds up to more than 6%.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
            Yea, with smaller stuff, you're probably right. But if you sell something for $100, eBay/PayPal combined will take $6.30....it's 3% for each, plus the $.30 minimum.
            WRONG it takes wayyyy more than that. It takes $9 in just fees from Ebay on a $100 sale

Comment

No it doesn't. Unless you spend a boatload on listing it (reserves, BIN's, extra pictures, blah blah blah), it doesn't cost anywhere near $9.

Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

it cost me 8-10 for my Peterson lot and that wasn't even at $100...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                  No it doesn't. Unless you spend a boatload on listing it (reserves, BIN's, extra pictures, blah blah blah), it doesn't cost anywhere near $9.

like i said before it costs me $9 somthing for ever $100 sale, 1 card buy it now $100 check out the fee
                  My Site
                  http://www.freewebs.com/randallcardssite/

Comment

No $9 in fees if it sells for $100. Usually $.35 to list it.........after paypal fees a $100 sale gets you maybe what $87 at the most prolly $85 and change

Comment

Originally posted by arod812 View Post
                      No $9 in fees if it sells for $100. Usually $.35 to list it.........after paypal fees a $100 sale gets you maybe what $87 at the most prolly $85 and change

ya i understand e-bay takes like $9 final value fee then pay-pal takes a nice chunk as well
                      My Site
                      http://www.freewebs.com/randallcardssite/

Comment

Just put my Mark Sanchez up fs (reluctantly)...if it sells at the bin of 300, they get $21
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
                          Just put my Mark Sanchez up fs (reluctantly)...if it sells at the bin of 300, they get $21
                          Hate to say it dude but I'm playin the worlds tiniest violin for ya if you end up eatin that $21. Only for the fact that I've never ever come even close to that kind of pull. So jealousy could very well be a key factor in my violin lessons that I'm enrolling in online right now....

TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                          A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

LOL, I was right there with you before today...you will get your card

It just only took me less than a year, and 25+ lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X