Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got money on either Boston/NY shelling out big money for Wainwright. STL won't be able to keep him and Pujols both.

(Although not sure if his option is team or player oriented, so it might be irrelevant until 2013)

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
      I got money on either Boston/NY shelling out big money for Wainwright. STL won't be able to keep him and Pujols both.

(Although not sure if his option is team or player oriented, so it might be irrelevant until 2013)
      I believe its a team option for like $10-12 mil. CJ Wilson looks to be the best FA pitcher this offseason. Assuming CC opts out, he'd be #1, Wilson #2 as far as pitchers go, wouldnt be suprised to see Boston raise the price on CC

Comment

STL might not even be able to afford that given the amount of money they'll have to offer Pujols to stay (and the amount of money they already have invested in Holliday)

Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Boston will not raise(even if they did meh) my buddy lives in Boston and they are always reproting that the team is having trouble sustaining in that park. Just last night they were predicting that the sox might scale back a bit... so he says I do not watch NESN etc

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
            STL might not even be able to afford that given the amount of money they'll have to offer Pujols to stay (and the amount of money they already have invested in Holliday)
            Plus Berkman got the 1 year $12 mil extension now, and can't forget Carpenter and his 2 year extension.

I remember I think you mentioned it when Holliday signed his contract how it would have a negative effect on Pujols

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
            Boston will not raise(even if they did meh) my buddy lives in Boston and they are always reproting that the team is having trouble sustaining in that park. Just last night they were predicting that the sox might scale back a bit... so he says I do not watch NESN etc
            I'm not questioning you, but how in the world can Boston "scale back"? lol

Most of their top contracts have many years left on the deals lol

Comment

Not sure why I find this funny, but I do

Comment

Gladdy not tlaking about last years...

they were saying cut losses with Drew, Lackey, Dice K and a couple high dollar that they can release without gietting hit too bad. Also Papelbon wants huge $$ which they will not pay

Comment

It'd be kinda hard to release those players considering they get their money regardless lol

I always assumed Bard would eventually become the Boston closer, so no suprise on Papelbon

Comment

Sweet....Bills/Pats game didn't sell out on time so I get the Browns/Dolphins game this weekend for the CBS game.

Still don't understand why the hell Erie, PA is a 'Bills market'. 95% of the city is either Steelers or Browns fans.

Johnson/Mears/
                    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

PA gets the Bills games? because the Steelers, Browns and Eagles arent right in that area or something?

Comment

NW PA is a Bills market. No matter what we get all road games, but if they sell out the home games at least 4(I think?) days in advance, we get the home games also. Pretty stupid.

Johnson/Mears/
                        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Pretty interesting read here

Three-way tie in American League wild-card race would cause logistical nightmare - ESPN

Finally, the schedule for a three-team tiebreaker hasn't been determined, either. Here is how that would work:

The Rays will have first choice of potential tiebreaker scenarios, because their combined 16-10 record against the Red Sox and Angels was the best head-to-head winning percentage of the three teams. So they would have two options:

• Let the Red Sox and Angels play an elimination game Sept. 29 -- then face the winner of that game Sept. 30 on the road, or

• choose to play two elimination games, the first at home Sept. 29, and the second (if they win) at home again Sept. 30.

The Rays likely would decide to play just once, naturally. So the Red Sox would get the next choice because their 12-14 head-to-head record was better than the Angels' 6-10 record.

Boston would have the choice of playing both elimination games at home or playing the first at home and the second on the road, and clearly would opt for the two home games.
                          I think that is a dumb way to settle the tiebreaker, Rays have to play 2 games or not get homefield even though their head-to-head record was the best?

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                            It'd be kinda hard to release those players considering they get their money regardless lol

I always assumed Bard would eventually become the Boston closer, so no suprise on Papelbon
                            watch and learn a thing or two all know it all. College roomate eats and breathes red sox he is the one I go to games with there. Just repeating what they talk about on the local shows... There will be wholesale changes with those guys

You always seem to know everything so strange. From child support(way off base) to baseball to football anything.

btw when you start a comment with I am not questioning you or not to be rude (insert othere bullcrap) umm pretty much means you are..
                            Last edited by wheeler281; 09-22-2011, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                              PA gets the Bills games? because the Steelers, Browns and Eagles arent right in that area or something?
                              Erie Pa is way bigger bills country then it is Steelers. People who live along that stretch of 90 commute to Buffalo for work.. Huge area

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                                watch and learn a thing or two all know it all. College roomate eats and breathes red sox he is the one I go to games with there. Just repeating what they talk about on the local shows... There will be wholesale changes with those guys

You always seem to know everything so strange. From child support(way off base) to baseball to football anything.

btw when you start a comment with I am not questioning you or not to be rude (insert othere bullcrap) umm pretty much means you are..
                                I'm not being a know it all, and I wasn't trying to question him, but from everything i've ever heard, all Baseball contracts are guaranteed contracts. Sure you could reach a buyout agreement with a player for less money, but almost all players don't do that. (probably due to the MLBPA)

I agree your friend would know more on the matter, i'm simply saying guaranteed contracts are just that. Its the same reason AJ Burnett will stay a Yankee and its the same reason Carlos Guillen is a Tiger.

Comment

Working...
                                X