Ravens Mason Calls Peyton NFL's Best Player "Hands Down"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SellingAllCards View Post
    Sick of everyone saying Brady played with noone on his teams and they were all scrubs.
    C.Dillon
    R.Moss
    W.Welker
    T.Bruschi
    J.Seau
    T.Law
    A.Samuel
    W.McGinest
    D.Branch
    R.Gronkowski
    A.Hernandez
    V.Wilfork
    M.Vrabel
    R.Seymour
    F.Taylor
    T.Brown
    L.Milloy
    T.Glen
    D.McCourty
    J.Meyo

find me this many pro bowlers/award winners for colts
    enough said you wont get any arguments on that, but they will probably say Brady got them there lol
    TRADE PAGE
    Looking for 2011 Topps Chrome Atomic Crystal Auto /50

Comment

That list further proves points for Brady

Maybe I need to be more clear. I am talking offensive numbers....

if you are putting troy brown, Corey Dillion, Deion Branch and terry glenn and the 2 rookie tight ends (wr's they won the superbowls with) with the likes of Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edegerrin James and Dallas clarke then we have a fundamental difference of opinion.. WOW

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

We both know Peyton could have also won SB with thosem players in that system...
        Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post

if you are putting troy brown, Corey Dillion, Deion Branch and terry glenn and the 2 rookie tight ends (wr's they won the superbowls with) with the likes of Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Edegerrin James and Dallas clarke then we have a fundamental difference of opinion.. WOW
        TRADE PAGE

Comment

not a chance.

Comment

someone cue Vinny-Mac's intro music......

Comment

Lets futher examine...

You state that Peyton Manning has been throwing to great receivers. Of course, I have to concede the fact that Peyton had Marvin Harrison at the beginning of his career, an excellent receiver. However, in recent years, Tom Brady has had far better receivers come to him. In the past couple of years, Tom has received both Deion Branch and Randy Moss, receivers that had made their names before they arrived in New England. He was also blessed with Wes Welker, a player widely regarded as one of the most sure-handed players in the league. Peyton Manning has taken no-name receivers such as Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon,Blair White, and Anthony Gonzalez and made them great thanks to his amazing abilities to read defenses.

On another note, NFL experts recently named the New England Patriots the #1 offensive line in the NFL, while only one Colt (Jeff Saturday) received any commendation. Grey Ruegamer once claimed that the "game is won in the trenches", and the Patriots make that obvious. Before Tom Brady earned a chance to play, the Patriots were already considered contenders for the Super Bowl under star Drew Bledsoe. Tom Brady took a team with high expectations and reached those expectations. On the other side, the Colts had not been contenders since the early 1980's when they were in Baltimore. Indeed, Peyton Manning came to a team which was 3-13 in their first season to 13-3 their second. He is a game changer, raises the abilities of his teammates, and has been and will remain a much better Quarterback and player than Tom Brady.
              TRADE PAGE

Comment

I said my peace pages back If Peyton can't win multiples with Pro Bowl anf future HOF Wr's and tightends he certainly can't with with David Givens, Troy Brown and Deion Branches of the world

9-10 in playoffs enough said Glad to see the poll votes got this right

edit got this right at this time lol....Peyton is a fan favorite so anything can happen he is the NFL's poster boy and is addored by many
                Last edited by wheeler281; 07-19-2011, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I originally said this poll should have been 5 years ago and still stick with that...With 2 neck surgeries for Peyton a knee for Brady both are hardly in their prime.

The thread more turned into a brady vs peyton career achievements debate lol

Comment

I said my peace pages back If Peyton can't win multiples with Pro Bowl anf future HOF Wr's and tightends he certainly can't with with David Givens, Troy Brown and Deion Branches of the world

9-10 in playoffs enough said Glad to see the poll votes got this right
                    Well we can go there also,

Superbowl and Playoff victories are team efforts, and the Patriots would have fewer Super Bowl wins without Adam Vinatieri.

Peyton Manning has surpassed Tom Brady in all major statistics nearly 75% of the years they have played in the same league if he is not the superior player?

Peyton has played longer than Brady, yes, but Tom Brady cannot average 4,796 yards, 34 touchdown passes, and 3 rushing touchdowns every year. He has already lost that competition. Peyton is the most productive QB in history statistically.

Here is a link to the stats and You Make The Call

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...de-the-numbers
                    TRADE PAGE

Comment

Originally posted by snick103 View Post
                      Peyton is the most productive QB in history statistically.
                      and the biggest underachieving QB since Marino..

I never doubted his greatness..

Comment

and the biggest underachieving QB since Marino..

I never doubted his greatness..

I like your few word replies with nothing to back it but 9-10... it all boils down to this,

It stands to reason the better player will be remembered by his stats and accomplishments. Tom Brady cannot catch Peyton Manning, especially considering Peyton has higher stats nearly 75% of the time. I was simply remarking that stats are a poor point of contention for you considering that Peyton has the advantage.

Yes, Peyton wins many MVP awards, the most in history, in fact he has been named the best player in the country more than any other person in the history of the sport. I disagree with your logic about Super Bowls and Playoff records (even though Peyton has a ring also lets not forget!!). Even the best quarterback cannot win a super bowl without a great supporting cast. By your logic, you are saying that Len Dawson, Terry Bradshaw, and Bob Griese are all head and shoulders above players such as Dan Marino. I doubt you'll find much support in that argument.

Let me show you a final link-- http://nbcsports.msnbc.com

NBC reporters asked the 20 living Hall of Fame Quarterbacks who they would start between Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. The Quarterbacks voted for Peyton Manning by an enormous margin, 13½-2½, with four abstaining.

I look at the Hall of Famers QBs as experts in the field of quarterback in the NFL. Just like in court when an expert is called to the stand in a case. I am very knowledgable in football; However, my football knowledge pales in comparison to these 20 men. The greatest quarterbacks of all time voted in a landslide for Peyton Manning. That, in addition to Peyton's recent ESPN ranking as the third best QB of all time proves my point. Tom Brady is excellent. But Peyton Manning is the best, PERIOD
                        TRADE PAGE

Comment

Originally posted by snick103 View Post
                          I like your few word replies with nothing to back it but 9-10...,
                          I have said everything the 1st 3 pages lol

Winning in the post season is all that really matters. I do not care about career achevements for these guys are not my family.
                          I would say this I am pretty sure any colts fan in the world would take Peyton winning 3 times with slug offensive weapons then what he has in fact not done up to this point.
                          we have a fundamantal difference of opinion. I am unbiased looking at it from the outside. I would expect a colts fan to respond the way you have for I would...
                          Last edited by wheeler281; 07-19-2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

if the Chicago Bulls went 72-10 back in the 1995-96 season and DIDNT win the championship...or make it out of the first round for that matter... would any one care that they dominated in the regular season?

regular season dominance , either by record... stats...individually or team etc means NOTHING if you do nothing in the post season

IN ANY SPORT..............

Comment

I have said everything the 1st 3 pages lol

Winning in the post season is all that really matters. I do not care about career achevements for these guys are not my family.
                              I would say this I am pretty sure any colts fan in the world would take Peyton winning 3 times with slug offensive weapons then what he has in fact not done up to this point.
                              we have a fundamantal difference of opinion. I am unbiased looking at it from the outside. I would expect a colts fan to respond the way you have for I would...

True and I do not disagree but we are talking about individual players so what they have done up until now is indeed an important factor where is how many superbowl rings they have has to do with a team cast like I said if vinny didnt make those FGs they wouldnt have won some SB's
                              TRADE PAGE

Comment

The whole FG deal is what you are going to leave me with . We all can split hairs

If the NFC was not so weak in XLI who knows if Manning wins.

Lets be clear Mannings playoffs the year they won the sueprbowl were nothing fantastic as a whole. It took some kicks for him to even make the dance

the whole postseason with his superbowl mvp performance(that should have gone to D Rhodes)

3 tds 7 picks and a 70 rating (2006 champ qb)

even bens year prior with the horrible superbowl thrown in

7 tds 3 picks and 101 rating (2005 champ QB)

Bradys last Superbowl win

5 tds 0 picks a 109 rating (2004 champ qb)

Comment

Working...
                                X