This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got this done.

Now I got to list it on ebay. I got to raise 3-400 dollars this month.. Bummer, I wasn't planning on selling it.

Comment

Heat/Celtics tonight?

Comment

I'm watching scrub Max Scherzer tonight myself..DVR'ing Tough Enough/RAW

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
          He has better range than atleast 27 other shortstops?

Yea....no he doesnt.
          did I say he had better range?... I mean OVERALL he is HANDS DOWN better than AT LEAST 27 other SS

and by the way... BARRY BONDS had poop for range... you think thats why they kept him ont he team? lol uh NO... who cares about range when you hit the ball like that.. juice or no juice
          Last edited by ac-n-mike; 05-09-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

That was kinda the topic of the discussion..

Barry Bonds could rake, thats why he lasted as long as he did, comparing him to Jeter just doesn't make a ton of sense if we're talking about the offense they bring to offset the lack of defense..the Giants did the correct thing though, they tried to hide him in left field so he wouldnt hurt the team with his defense as he got older.

And I still say overall, Jeter isn't better than 27 other shortstops right now

Off the top of my head shortstops that are better overall than Jeter:

Troy Tulowitzki
            Hanley Ramirez
            Jose Reyes
            Jimmy Rollins
            Starlin Castro
            Stephen Drew
            Elvis Andrus
            Asdrubal Cabrera

There are more i'm sure, but i'm not gonna look around. This is factoring in offense and defense like you said as well..I'm sure there are more shortstops right now much better overall

Comment

That was kinda the topic of the discussion..

Barry Bonds could rake, thats why he lasted as long as he did, comparing him to Jeter just doesn't make a ton of sense if we're talking about the offense they bring to offset the lack of defense..the Giants did the correct thing though, they tried to hide him in left field so he wouldnt hurt the team with his defense as he got older.

And I still say overall, Jeter isn't better than 27 other shortstops right now

Off the top of my head shortstops that are better overall than Jeter:

Troy Tulowitzki
              Hanley Ramirez
              Jose Reyes
              Jimmy Rollins
              Starlin Castro
              Stephen Drew
              Elvis Andrus
              Asdrubal Cabrera

There are more i'm sure, but i'm not gonna look around. This is factoring in offense and defense like you said as well..I'm sure there are more shortstops right now much better overall

Ill give you Troy Tulowitzki and Hanley Ramierez, and MAYBE Jimmy Rollins. No one else is better then Jeter.

Comment

No one else is better than him right now? come on now..

you're telling me right now today, you would rather have Jeter over Castro, Reyes, Andrus, Cabrera and/or Drew?

Comment

Just imagine if a group of 5 scrub pitchers took a team to the playoffs, that'd be some story for the ages...
                  Wouldnt be the 1st time man

and yes to the above question except for Castro and Tulo and Hanley IMO Others one no thanks not even close
                  Last edited by wheeler281; 05-09-2011, 01:28 PM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

same here... NO DOUBT !

Comment

Fine, then you all must not want to have the best chance of winning. Cool by me..

Scrub Max Scherzer on the mound, then Scrub Rick Porcello on the mound tommorow, wonder what Scrub Justin Verlander will do in his next start.

Comment

Detroit Tigers talk has been offically banned from the CCW Daily Chat threads.

Comment

You think I care what you just said? lol

If they make it in..don't jump on the bandwagon, don't root for them, don't do anything positive regarding the Detroit Tigers..wagon is full

Comment

lol, I've been on the Tigers Wagon for a while, so I haven't jumped off. I have my reasons why I think Verlander is overrated.

If they make it in, I'll still be there.

Just can't handle the reading of someone constantly defending the Tigers everyday.

lol you take it so far man...

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Support View Post
                              lol, I've been on the Tigers Wagon for a while, so I haven't jumped off. I have my reasons why I think Verlander is overrated.

If they make it in, I'll still be there.

Just can't handle the reading of someone constantly defending the Tigers everyday.

lol you take it so far man...
                              Nothing you've said this year imply's your on the wagon..fine you think Verlander is overrated, thats cool, i've moved past it. I see the potential in the team, I understand everyone thinks i'm a moron but this team is hitting its stride, especially the starting pitching.

Verlander/Scherzer, you know what you get from them..

Porcello has looked really good his past 4 starts, first two were bad, but right
                              now he's in his 09 form, what he's doing now is what I expect.

Coke the jury is out on, the BlueJays start I thought he pitched much better than his numbers said, but its ok, he's the #5 starter.

Penny started off awful, but has been pitching really well as of late. When he keeps the ball down, he does well. I was really nervous about him, but if he can give the Tigers 6 innings each start and have an ERA of 3.80-4, thats fine by me.

I know you all think i'm nuts, but I look at the positive of everything with this team, If Phil Coke goes completely worthless, simple solution, you can move him to the bullpen, make him a long reliever, cut Brad Thomas (man i'd love to see Thomas gone) and call up Furbush or Andy Oliver, both left handed starters..

I'm more worried about the offense, because Leyland makes me worry. I'm worried about how long do you let Inge struggle, I worry about why Boesch sat two days in a row for no reason, I worry about Ordonez and his AWFUL defense, I worry about in an important game, having Ryan Raburn muff a ball and lose it like he did in game 163..

The Pitching, I tend not to worry about.

Now i'm ready for you to all think i'm crazy, i'm use to it..Nobody can deny though I live and die with this team.

Comment

Verlander still = amazing though..I won't deny that i'm a huge Verlander homer..

I love all of you in this thread who think i'm crazy everyday, love the discussions that take place in these threads every/almost every day.

Comment

Working...
                                X