My 264/ Collection on Cardboard Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hayn View Post
    Nice tribute to FIFA! I love the Topps Prime, great colors and some very tasteful patches. Great lot of cards.

Toshi
    I screwed up, it is really Rugby.....LOL
    -------------------

A few "variant" additions today....

2006 Ultimate Collection Eli Manning 264/525

2010 Topps Prime CJ Spiller / Marcus Easley 264/355

....and a nice Buckeyes addition.

2006 Sweet Spot Santonio Holmes 264/299

Mr 264 New Bucket 07-07-12

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

• SPx Additions #391-393

Another jersey damaged from improper packaging and another partial refund.

2010 SPx Marcus Easley 264/375

A COMC find....

2006 SPx Willie Parker 264/650

And the first addition from 2014.....

2014 SPx Devin Street 264/299

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

• Pm me to remind me to look for you number. Feel free to check my list, as well.
        Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

• Shame on you! LOL! I should have caught that it was rugby, the player is only holding a ball in his hands and he's not the goalie.

That is truly a disaster, I would be very upset with a card as such. The only way it would be acceptable is that the fact that I pulled it from a pack, yet, even then, it still would be unacceptable in my collection. I'm so anal with my cards. It is so difficult to keep the cards in pristine mint condition. So much can easily go wrong.

The die cut words/names that are jerseys are one of the most challenging aspect in caring for a card, second only to corner and scratch damages. I've noticed that the machine that cuts the die cut can occasionally create such creases although not as bad as your card. I'm glad that the seller has compensated you. What's frustrating is the fact that this could all have been avoided with simple packing procedures.

The next time you accrue another purchase from a seller, if the card has a high enough value is to request a top loader for your card, there is a small fee but well worth it as well as the frustrations and headache these issues cause it as such. Overall, great lot of 264 cards, the Prime Spiller/Easly and the Santonio Holmes Sweet Spot card has to be my all time favorite cards in this lot. Good luck on your next purchase.

Your friend, fellow forum member, and collector,
          Toshi
          Last edited by hayn; 07-05-2014, 08:21 AM.
          I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

• I wanted to add, the worst damaged card that I pulled, that was in my collection has to be a 2012 Topps Platinum Auto T.Y. Hilton. The auto had Mr. Hilton's finger print clearly pressed into the ink, eventually it bothered me so much that I gave the card to Brett.

I've damaged two cards due to improper handling on my part. A 2012 Upper Deck SP Rookie card that I can't remember whom it was and a 1992 Topps Stadium Club Mark Rypien card. The SP had a small bent corner. It was an extra hence I tossed it into the trash to Brett's dismay. He immediately pulled it out and requested any card that I don't want, he will accept no matter what condition it would be. The Rypien, I bent in half when I pulled it out of my collection. It took me nearly six months before I found a reasonable price to replace my a Rypien card.

I found it on Sports Lots for $0.35, it's book value is somewhere between $0.01 to $0.01 1/2. LOL!
            I finally replaced my damaged cards. There is another forum member by the call name of Sanjosefuji. He actually has a album of just damaged cards. I think that's a unique idea. When you have the time, check it out.

Toshi
            I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

• I will have to do that Toshi.....I can't stand when people don't package the correctly. Especially when they charge $3-$4 for shipping.
              ----------------------------------

A couple more Chrome additions, up to 123. Would love to get to 220.....

2013 Topps Chrome Blidi Wreh-Wilson Black 264/299

2013 Topps Chrome Matt Ryan Black 264/299

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

• Originally posted by whitney777 View Post
                Pm me to remind me to look for you number. Feel free to check my list, as well.
                I scanned the list, didn't see any. Thanks.

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

• I really loved the way Matt Ryan AKA: Matty Ice performs in his offense. He's done such a great job since his rookie year in 2008. I was extremely disappointed in 2013 at the way the Falcons lack of production occurred, I hope they do better in 2014. Great additions!

Toshi

Comment

• Originally posted by hayn View Post
                    I really loved the way Matt Ryan AKA: Matty Ice performs in his offense. He's done such a great job since his rookie year in 2008. I was extremely disappointed in 2013 at the way the Falcons lack of production occurred, I hope they do better in 2014. Great additions!

Toshi
                    Although a Packer fan, I thought Atlanta would be the NFC Champions in 2013 myself. Extremely disappointing season for them.

-------------------------------------------

Busy week away from home, but only a few additions....

2013 Topps Adrian Clayborn Camo 264/399

A Buckeye addition......

2006 Bowman Chrome Nate Salley 264/519

A Packer addition......

2008 Threads Brian Brohm / Jordy Nelson 264/500

A "cost me more" than I planned addition......

1998 Collectors Edge Dan Marino 264/500

Addition #124 to this years Chrome chase.....

2013 Topps Chrome Tavon Austin Pink 264/399

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

• First off is a freebie, I believe from Anthony Pellegrini, Slidell, LA. I feel I should know you, but drawing a blank my apologies, but thanks.

2008 Score Wes Welker 264/299

An oldie....

1994 Superior Rookies Charles Johnson 264/5000

Been seeing this card every day since 2007, because it is card #264....finally found the one serial #d 264/xxx.

2007 SP Authentic Selvin Young 264/399

.....and the second 264 of this dude, in a better uni......and #125 of the Topps Chrome chase and thanks to Jason Law for contacting me....

2013 Topps Chrome Wes Welker Purple 264/499

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

• The uncirculated card always seems like a secret mystery to me. Never touched by human hands. At times, I'd like to open one just for the hell of it. But then again, it wouldn't fall into the uncirculated catergory. I know this as I own two eTopps, the first a Favre, and the second a Unitas.

The Marino Motion Vision card is so 1970's disco era. Yes, I grew up in that era with bell bottom pants and long hair! The Vietnam War ended, the Bee Gees were all the rage, the Watergate Scandle, Jimmy Carter was President, Star Wars made it's debut (The real Star Wars), and Motion Vision was all the rage!

Wes Welker should have never been released/traded to the Broncos. Now Manning has his own special weapon.

Toshi

Comment

• Awesome commentary as usual Toshi, thanks.

-------------------------------------

3 more from 2014 and #394, #395 and #396 to the 264 SPx PC.....only 4 from 400.

2014 SPx Jalen Saunders 264/299

2014 SPx Kahlil Mack 264/299

2014 SPx Jarvis Landry 264/425

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

• Wow, today's showcase is all about SPX. Nice pick ups!

Comment

• #397 to the 264 SPx PC

2014 SPx Stephen Morris 264/425

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

• A side note...achieve 1500+ for the 264 "variant" PC.....

Start off with a freebie from younglover (MaryAnn). Thank you!

2009 Ultimate Collection Kyle Orton 264/375

A $3.09 addition.....

2009 Bowman Sterling Donnie Avery 264/425

#398....to the SPx 264/ PC...

2014 SPx Logan Thomas 264/425

Currently 379 in my PC.

Comment

Working...
                                X